We love children at KBC! We genuinely hope to see your children grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ (2 Peter 3:18). We recognize that it is God’s command for parents to disciple their children (Deut. 6:6, Eph. 6:4) and strive to support and equip you as we serve you and your children.
Our Mission is to…
(1) LIFT JESUS HIGH IN OUR WORDS AND ACTIONS.
- As we teach and interact with your children, pray for your family, and seek to serve you, we hope to always lift Jesus high and give all the glory to God.
(2) KEEP EVERYONE SAFE.
- We take safety seriously. Our volunteers go through a rigorous application process before they work with minors at KBC. This includes a written application, interview with a staff member, criminal background check, and mandatory safety training. Volunteers must be mature believers who have attended KBC for at least 6 months. We use the safe, secure system, Kid Check, for checking kids in and out.
(3) FOSTER RELATIONSHIPS WITH FAMILIES AND TEAM MEMBERS.
- Our volunteer team works well together and want to get to know you. We pray for our families and classes and look for ways to invest in your family.
(4) PARTNER WITH PARENTS AS THEY SPIRITUALLY GUIDE THEIR CHILDREN.
- We love to see you, but also recognize that we only get a few hours each week to tell your children about Jesus. It is our hope to support your family as you disciple your children.
On Sunday Morning…
We offer age-level classes for children ages birth through 6th grade during Sunday services, but we also welcome children to stay with their parents in our times of worship. Children often start the service with their parents in the auditorium and then get dismissed to go to their class with a KBC Kids’ Volunteer after we worship through singing.
If you do choose to bring your children to the Nursery or KBC Kids Department at the beginning of the service you are welcome to drop them off 10 minutes prior to the times listed below. Kid Check stations are available for you in the Auditorium Foyer, Nursery Foyer, and the KBC Kids Foyer. If it’s your first time checking in, just let the greeter know… we’re happy to help you!
The Nursery welcomes children ages birth – 2 years old from 9:00 am – 12:05 pm. Also available in the nursery, a private nursing area and quiet room for napping babies.
9:00 – 10:15 am:
- 3 – 5 year olds meet together.
- Kindergarten – 3rd graders meet together.
10:15 – 10:45 am:
- Snack time and bathroom break for children who are already in class.
10:45 am – 12:05 pm:
- Children ages 3 years – 5th grade start the hour in age-level classrooms, then enjoy a large group time for a Bible story, and finally return to their age-level class to further explore the Bible truths at their developmental level.
- 6th grade students meet in their own classroom for the entire time.
On Wednesday Evenings…
We are excited to offer missions classes on Wednesday evenings during the fall and spring quarter for ages 3 years to 6th grade. Whenever our Wednesday night meal ministry is running, our KBC Kids Missions classes are available as well as Nursery care for children ages birth to 2 years old. These classes focus on God’s call to serve Him by telling others the Good News of Jesus Christ. Kids are encouraged to mature in their faith through Bible study and service as they learn key doctrines and study about national and international missionaries.
6:15 – 7:45 pm:
Nursery care for ages birth – 2 years
Mission Friends for 3 year olds and Pre-K and Kindergarteners
Girls On Mission for 1st – 6th grade girls
Boys On Mission for 1st – 6th grade boys